Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Lab 3: Great California Hikes, Walks, and Other Adventures


View Great California Hikes & Walks & Other Adventures in a larger map

I have created my own MashUp on GoogleMaps of the hikes, walks, bike rides, and swimming adventures I've partaken in, as well as ones that I wish to conquer in the Future. Since I am not a California native, I thoroughly enjoy what California has to offer in terms of its natural beauty and outdoor adventure.

In this neographic assignment, I have created a map that allows people to view where I have been and to read what I have commented about. While this may be useful to some people, there is a pitfall: What I find fun or exciting may not appeal to someone else, and they may not find my map useful. It would be more useful if the public could contribute their adventures to my MashUp. Also, my MashUp is limited to my California Adventures, which may not be useful to people out-of-state. In addition, there is another consequence: My MashUp is not flawless and people may be concerned with the accuracy in my listings.

All in all, I enjoy the outdoor adventures that I have had the chance to experience in California and can't wait to add more to the list. I hope people will find this map useful when looking for something fun to do outdoors in Northern or Southern California.







No comments:

Post a Comment